How to make the double glazed unit

Updated: Nov 18, 2020

A combination of two or more sheets of glass, separated by a spacer bar and sealed so that it forms a single unit, having one or more air spaces in between is called a Double-Glazed Unit. It is commonly referred to as 'double glazing glass' or 'double pane'. Double glazing or insulated glass evolved from the traditional double-hung windows and storm windows, which separated the interior and exterior spaces using a single pane of glass.

Manufacturing of double-glazing glass mainly includes cutting of the glass, glass edging, washing the glass, spacer assembly, and gas filling.